Answer: Pennsylvania’s Day of Kindness is on May 23rd, the 143rd day of the year. This date was chosen in honor of Mr. Fred Rogers, the famous host of Mr. Rogers’ Neighborhood. As he explained, “I” has 1 number, “love” has 4 numbers, and “you” has 3 numbers, which made his favorite number 143. Watch a video of Mr. Rogers explaining the meaning of 143.
The Westbrook Public Library has an assortment of resources to learn more about Mr. Rogers and his legacy.
- Mr. Rogers’ Neighborhood (original television episodes)
- Daniel Tiger’s Neighborhood (a cartoon based on Mr. Rogers’ Neighborhood)
- Won’t You Be My Neighbor (documentary)
- A Beautiful Day in the Neighborhood (movie)
- The Good Neighbor: The Life and Work of Fred Rogers (biography)
Congratulations to Tracy L. for correctly answering last week’s Tech Trivia question!