The Westbrook Public Library offers access to a variety of resources. If you have any questions, please contact the library at (860) 399-6422 to speak with a staff member.
Resources in the Library
- Connecticut River Museum (admits 2 adults, 2 children)
- Connecticut State Parks (waives entrance fees for 2 adults & 4 children)
- Custom House Maritime Museum in New London
- Florence Griswold Museum (admits 2 adults & 2 children under 12)
- Hill-Stead Museum – Library Pass program not currently available
- Mark Twain Museum
- Mystic Aquarium – Library Pass program not currently available
- Mystic Seaport (50% Off – admits 2 adults & 3 children, day specific)
- New Britain Museum of American Art (admits 4 people)
- New Haven Museum & Historical Society (admits 4 people)
- Niantic Children’s Museum (50% Off for up to 4 people)
- Norwalk Maritime Aquarium – Library Pass program not currently available
- Old State House Hartford (admits 2 adults & 2 children)
- Peabody Museum at Yale – Closed for renovations
- Pequot Museum – Library Pass program not currently available
- Roger William Park Zoo in Providence ($3 Off up to 4 tickets)
- Shore Line Trolley Museum (50% Off – up to 6 people)
- Wadsworth Atheneum – Library Pass program not currently available
The Library offers free use of the library edition of Ancestry.com. Accessible only at the library, the library edition allows users to access genealogy materials from around the world.
4th Tuesday Genealogy: Marcy Fuller, Professional Genealogist, with a certification in Genealogical Research from Boston University, offers free help and advice on genealogy questions on the fourth Tuesday of the month from 6-8 pm at the Westbrook Public Library. No appointment necessary.
Follow the instructions to send your printing request to the Library. Each page is $0.10 (credit cards are not accepted).
Access ebooks, audiobooks, movies, and more using Hoopla.
Libraries Online, Inc. is a consortium of library institutions committed to the promotion and extension of quality library resources and services. Through shared technology LION provides its members and their users with cost-effective automated services, easy access to a high quality bibliographic database, and easy access to other information resources.
Through LION, Westbrook patrons can use Libby to have access to thousands of e-books and audiobooks that work on a multitude of devices. Create or use your LION account to read books from your electronic devices. Please contact the Library with any questions.
ResearchIT CT offers free online resources as a service of the CT State Library. Here you will find journal, magazine, and newspaper articles for Connecticut public, K12, and academic libraries and their users.
This state system allows patron from any Connecticut library to search for and request materials from other libraries. If you cannot find what you are looking for in LION, try searching here or call for assistance. To request an item that is outside of LION, please call or fill out this form.
Learning Express is a great free resource to help you prepare for any level of education with test preparation, citizenship tests, vocational tests, computer software training, or if you just need to brush up on your skills.
Need help with test preparation, school work, or finding a job? Then use Job Now for free access to a variety of resources to help you excel in your schooling and career.
Mango Languages is an online free language learning program for English speakers to learn over 60 different languages or 20 different non-English languages to learn English. You just need your library card to sign up.
Resources for the Town of Westbrook:
The United Way 211 service can help you find utility assistance, food, housing, child card, after school programs, elder care, crisis intervention, and more.